This disclosure is provided, in accordance with art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 ("Code concerning the protection of personal data" - hereinafter, the "Privacy Code"), to those who connect to the website owned by MONDO SpA ("MONDO") at mondofitnessathletic.com (the "Website”). It has the purpose of describing how this website is managed, in relation to the processing of personal data of users visiting it. The policy applies only to the Website mentioned above and not to other websites, which may be accessed through specific links.
This policy also has the purpose of allowing users of the Website to learn about the purpose and methods of processing of personal data by MONDO should it be provided.
Users must carefully read this policy before submitting any personal information and/or filling in any electronic form present on the Website.
1. TYPE OF DATA PROCESSED
MONDO may collect certain personal data, such as, “User ID” and “password”; name, surname, profession, telephone number and e-mail address; aggregate information while browsing the Website; other personal data, voluntarily provided by the user, when requesting information, sent to the Website by e-mail.
The Website is accessible to users, without the need for the same to provide their personal data. Nevertheless, certain parts of the Website (for example, the ’“RESERVED AREA”), can only be accessed by registered users.
1.1. Browsing data
The computer systems and software procedures, used to operate this Website, during their normal operation acquire certain data, which is then implicitly transmitted in the use of Internet communication protocols. Included in this data category, for example, is the method used to submit the request to the server and other parameters, regarding the operating system and the user's IT environment.
This basic information is not collected to be associated with coded data subjects, but can be used by MONDO in order to obtain anonymous statistics on the use of the Website, as well as to verify its proper operation. The data could also be used to ascertain liability in the event of any computer crimes against the Website.
1.3. Personal data provided by users
MONDO also collects personal data, voluntarily provided by the users themselves, to request information via e-mail.
2. PROCESSING PURPOSES
The personal data of users of the Website shall be used exclusively in the manner described in this policy and in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Code.
Processing of data may consist of one or more of the following possible operations: collection, recording, organisation, storage, consultation, elaboration, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, communication, blocking, deletion and/or destruction of data.
In accordance with the desire expressed by the user, data processing shall be put in place - depending on the case - for one or more of the following purposes:
- Authorisation, enabling and/or customisation of user access to the '"RESERVED AREA" of the Website and its contents;
- Provision of information requested by the use;
- Monitoring and analysis of access and use of the Website as part of MONDO marketing initiatives;
- Execution and management of any promotional and marketing activities, sending of commercial communications and newsletters; the aforementioned activities may also be carried out through the use of electronic communication tools (such as, for example, fax, e-mail, text message or MMS);
- Conduction of market surveys and analysis of user habits or consumption choices; the aforementioned activities may also be carried out through the use of electronic communication tools (such as, for example, fax, e-mail, text message or MMS);
- Fulfilment of legal obligations, of regulations resulting from EU legislation, or from instructions issued by public authorities or supervisory bodies.
3. PROCESSING METHODS
Data processing shall take place in full compliance with the principles of confidentiality, fairness, necessity, relevance, legality and transparency, imposed by the Code.
Data processing shall primarily be carried out with the use of electronic means, in accordance with current legislation. Appropriate security measures shall be taken to prevent loss of data, illicit or incorrect use of the same, or unauthorised access.
Data shall be retained for a period of time no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently processed.
4. COMPULSORY OR OPTIONAL NATURE OF PROVIDING DATA
The provision of certain data by the user (better identified with an asterisk in the registration and/or data compilation form) is necessary - depending on the case - for access to the "RESERVED AREA" of the Website, or to receive the information requested.
Provision of data for all other purposes pursuant to point 2 above (for example, for marketing purposes, or to monitor the use of the Website) is not necessary.
5. SCOPE OF DISCLOSURE AND DISSEMINATION OF DATA
To achieve the purposes referred to in point 2 above, and to the extent strictly necessary, data may be brought to the attention of MONDO employees or collaborators by virtue and within the limits of the tasks and duties assigned to the same.
Categories of persons performing activities related and instrumental to the activities carried out by MONDO and to which the latter may make recourse - subject to appointing the same as data processors - for the performance of said activities, may also become aware of the data, to the extent strictly necessary and in accordance with the purposes pursuant to point 2 above. Included in these categories, by mere way of example and not limited to, are those engaged in user support, IT managers and logistic operators.
Data shall not under any circumstances be disseminated.
6. DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSOR
The Data Controller is MONDO S.p.A., with registered office in Piazzale Edmondo Stroppiana 1, 12051 Alba - Frazione Gallo (CN). The Data Processor is Mr. Angelo Adriano.
7. USER RIGHTS RECOGNISED BY ARTICLE 7 OF THE CODE
As a data subject, you may exercise all the rights indicated in article 7 of the Code. Such rights may be exercised in the manner specified in article 9 of said Code. In particular, we hereby inform you that, by contacting the Data Controller, you have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning you, even if not yet recorded, and communication of the same in an intelligible form;
- Obtain indication (I) of the origin of the data; (II) of the processing purposes and methods ; (III) of the rationale applied in the event of processing with the aid of electronic tools; (IV) of the identity of the Data Controller and Data Processor; and (V) of the persons, or categories of persons, to whom the data may be disclosed or who may become aware of the same, in their capacity as "Data processors" or "Persons in charge of processing";
- To obtain: (I) updating, rectification or, when of interest, integration of data; (II) deletion, anonymisation or blocking of any data processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is necessary, for the purposes for which the data was collected or subsequently processed; (III) certification that the operations pursuant to points (I) and (II) have been notified, also as regards their content, to those to whom the data was disclosed or disseminated, unless this requirement proves to be impossible or involves the use of means clearly disproportionate to the protected right;
- To object, in whole or in part: (I) for legitimate reasons to processing of data pertinent to the collection purpose; and (II) to processing of data for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales materials or for carrying out market research.
The user may exercise the rights pursuant to Article 7 of the Code, as well as be informed of the complete and updated list of Data Processors, by sending a letter, to be sent by normal post, to: MONDO S.p.A., Piazzale Edmondo Stroppiana 1, 12051 Alba - Frazione Gallo (CN), for the attention of ’Mr. Angelo Adriano.